USFHP Report Card
- Prevention and Wellness
- USFHP offers discounts for health and wellness services not covered by TRICARE®. We offer these discounts through an extensive network of vendors. Services include: naturopathic care, massage therapy, eyeglasses, fitness club memberships, walking trackers, activity planners, online food journals, and more.
- Disease Management
- Some of our network providers are nationally accredited for working with patients who have diabetes and heart disease.
- We have nurse advocates who help patients with complex conditions to coordinate their care. When a patient moves from the hospital to home or to another care facility, the nurse advocates are there to help. They will work closely with the network providers. This service helps ensure our patients are getting the care they need.
- Health Plan Performance
- US Family Health Plan has low rates of readmission and emergency room visits. Nationally recognized health care consultants say USFHP is "well managed".
- US Family Health Plan wants to measure how well we are doing. To do this, we use a tool called the Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS). HEDIS data reporting helps us monitor our performance for diabetes care, cardiovascular care, cancer screening and access to care.
- 99% of claims are paid within 30 days.
- We make referral authorizations within 5 business days or less.
- An annual survey shows an overall satisfaction rating with USFHP of 85%. The survey is done by an independent vendor that is certified by NCQA. The vendor uses CAHPS® survey methods, i.e. patients experience reporting.
Are you interested in learning how well we manage patient care compared to national benchmarks? Download the full 2020 USFHP Report Card