- Copay reference guide
- InstaMed FAQs
- Ask Me 3® Patient Education for Providers
- Safety Toolkit for Providers Ask Me 3®
- Military Families, Treating Invisible Wounds of War
- Mental Health Care in the Military
Are you ready to make the commitment to serve during disasters and emergencies? Join the thousands of health and medical professionals who have made a commitment to protect health and save lives when disaster strikes. Join NDMS here.
A newsletter for USFHP network providers
Articles in this issue:
- USFHP Grows Its Service Area, Again!
- Four Steps to Staying Safe Online
- Changes in Pharmacy Copays will begin January 1, 2024
- Waiving Patient Financial Responsibility Is Prohibited
- The Defense Health Agency has announced cost changes for 2024
- Reminder: Register with InstaMed for Direct Claims Payment
- Billing Tips
- Attention: Tricare Program Manual
We have created a new tool to make your work with us that much easier. Now US Family Health Plan providers can view USFHP eligibility, claims status and referral status electronically, through our new provider portal.
To get started with setting up your account, contact USFHP Provider Relations.
US Family Health Plan is working with InstaMed to deliver claim payments via electronic remittance advice (ERA) and electronic funds transfer (EFT). ERA/EFT is a convenient, paperless and secure way to receive claim payments. Funds are deposited directly into your designated bank account and include the TRN Reassociation Trace Number, in accordance with CAQH CORE Phase III Operating Rules for HIPAA standard transactions. To register for free for InstaMed Payer Payments, visit register.instamed.com/eraeft.