US Family Health Plan is a TRICARE Prime benefit. It is administered by Pacific Medical Centers (PacMed™). PacMed has performed this role for more than 30 years, and:
- holds a contract with the Department of Defense (DoD)
- is responsible for administering the US Family Health Plan
- is accountable to the DoD for keeping you healthy and satisfied, and for controlling unnecessary costs
PacMed is one of six TRICARE® Designated Providers in the country. Based in Washington State, PacMed is a multi-specialty physician group. It runs as a not-for-profit organization.
Constantly improving our best practices and working with USFHP, many of our doctors are recognized by the National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA) for Excellence in Diabetes Care and Excellence in Heart/Stroke Care. PacMed is also rated as a medical home. The Puget Sound Health Alliance's 2021 Community Checkup Report acknowledges PacMed as a local leader in health care delivery. And, many of our physicians are recognized as the area's top doctors.
PacMed has multiple clinic locations and 190+ doctors delivering excellent care.
As a local enterprise, PacMed has the flexibility to do what is right for our USFHP patients. Our members can count on personal attention from our case managers and Member Services representatives. They are dedicated to serve you.
US Family Health Plan is not just a health plan. It is a plan for good health.
PacMed has administered US Family Health Plan for more than 30 years. We have learned best practices that keep people healthy – efficiently and affordably. And due to the not-for-profit status, it is able to reinvest the savings back into the operations of the health plan. This means more support and healthier outcomes for beneficiaries.
You can count on:
- Same day urgent care appointments
- Your own personal USFHP primary care provider
- Annual physical and eye exams
- Referrals to specialists with no delay
- Communication and coordinated care among your providers
- One medical record to avoid confusion and duplication of services
- Nurse case managers to help ensure you get the support and information you need to manage your health
- Tools to stay healthy, discounts for alternative medicine, fitness clubs, and lifestyle enhancements
Our network partners follow nationally accepted protocols for treating diabetics and doing cancer screenings. We offer a state-of-the-art prescription safety program. This identifies and prevents you from receiving combinations of medications that may cause a negative reaction.
Health Net Federal Services (HNFS) is the TRICARE Managed Care Support Contractor for the western region of the United States. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Centene Corporation, headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. As the regional contractor for TRICARE, Health Net administers the benefit for more than three million beneficiaries across the western United States. If you are a USFHP member, your TRICARE benefits are managed locally by PacMed as the designated provider for this region.