Who is Eligible?
US Family Health Plan is for retirees and their family members. The plan is also open to active duty family members.
To enroll in the Plan, you must be:
- An eligible beneficiary of the Military Health System.
- Living in the USFHP service area. It includes Western Washington, most of Central and Eastern Washington, Northern Idaho, Western Oregon, and most of California. The service area is defined by ZIP codes. Are you in the service area? Please use the national USFHP service area tool.
- Registered in DEERS. It must show that you are eligible to get healthcare benefits. It also must show that you have a valid military ID.
To be eligible for USFHP, an individual must be one of the following:
- Eligible Active Duty family members
- Uniformed Services retirees under age 65
- Eligible family members of Uniformed Services retirees under age 65
- Eligible family members of deceased Active Duty or retired Uniformed Services members under age 65
- Qualifying re-activated Reserve Component family members