Who Is Eligible?
US Family Health Plan is for retirees and their family members. The plan is also open to active duty family members.
To enroll in the Plan, you must be:
- An eligible beneficiary of the Military Health System.
- Living in the USFHP service area. It includes most of the Puget Sound area and is defined by ZIP codes. Are you in the service area? Please use the national USFHP service area tool.
- Registered in DEERS. It must show that you are eligible to get healthcare benefits. It also must show that you have a valid military ID.
Who Is Eligible For US Family Health Plan
To be eligible for USFHP, an individual must be one of the following:
- Eligible Active Duty family members
- Uniformed Services retirees—under age 65
- Eligible family members of Uniformed Services retirees—under age 65
- Eligible family members of deceased Active Duty or retired Uniformed Services members—under age 65
- Qualifying re-activated Reserve Component family members
Active Duty personnel and military beneficiaries age 65 and over are not eligible for USFHP.